Thursday, March 5, 2015

(How To Help When There's) Fire on the Mountain!

Good afternoon, Charlotte!

I hope this finds you well on this dreary and wet day. One day every week, Molly and I have the immense pleasure of working out of the Charlotte American Red Cross office. One of our recent endeavors in our time here is helping out with their Disaster Action Team.

If you don't already know, the Red Cross will sometimes send out volunteers from their office to see how best to address the needs of individuals and familied affected by house fires. These volunteers will actually show up to the fire scene, assess what the individual or family's immediate needs are, and connect them with solutions to assist them in getting through the immediate aftermath.


So happy that I get to work with this girl every week!

As fate would have it, the Red Cross is actually looking to expand this program. Should you read this blog and happen to get your blood boiling in all the right ways when you think about helping people out in times of disaster, please do not hesitate to send me an e-mail at rob@handsoncharlotte.org. I am really quite excited to be joining in on this venture, and would love to give back with some of you as well. I don't know if you've noticed, but Molly and I really don't know how not to make everything we do into a positive experience and have a great time while helping others.

As always, stay safe, y'all, and enjoy some tunes (and coffee, if you're like me) to make it through this rainy afternoon!


No comments:

Post a Comment