Monday, December 29, 2014

Kiss from a Rose(anne)!

Good morning, Charlotte!

I'm back! Whether you celebrate Festivus, Hanukkah, Christmas, something different entirely or nothing at all, I hope you all had a wonderful holiday with whomever you chose to share your time.

For some reason, over this break from the office I decided to give in to my Netflix desires and started binge watching episodes of Roseanne when I was getting ready to go to sleep. Sometimes, like this morning, I even caught an episode with my cup (okay, three cups) of coffee. And while normally a good episode of Roseanne wouldn't have much if any relevance to my work, this particular one addresses issues of family emergency preparedness. For example, Darlene sold the contents of the family first aid kit to the baseball team and is using the case as a lunch box. In the episode, the Conner family has to react to a sudden tornado warning in Lanford, and it's a good reminder that many times, emergency strikes without much of a warning at all. Since I know not everyone has Netflix, I have the episode from YouTube below!




To help you begin your journey to tornado preparedness nirvana, here's a nifty infographic from the CDC as well:




If you are also returning to work today, welcome back, and as always, stay safe, Charlotte!

No comments:

Post a Comment