Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Ring the Alarm!

Good afternoon, Charlotte!

May I just say that today is a wonderful day. The sky is blue, my walk from my office to the grocery store for pita supplies (kale, celery, and hummus are a trio made in heaven) was absolute perfection, and for December, even in Charlotte, it is quite warm outside.

However, as many if not all of you reading this know, this could theoretically change at any second. Many of us have seen those yellow-sky days when all of a sudden a funnel cloud drops from the sky and potentially wreaks havoc on the ground below. Growing up in Gaston County (South Point Red Raiders, whoo!), I have survived a few local tornadoes, some of which came in the middle of the night and about which I did not even know until the following morning.

It is for times like these that a wonderful alert system was created for all of us here in Mecklenburg County. For those of you reading this outside of the Charlotte-Mecklenburg area, please look into resources in your local area. However, for those of you included in the million people who now inhabit this wonderful county, myself included, please register for CharMeck Alerts today. It takes all of about two minutes, and you will be sent alerts customized to your specific registered spot on a map. No worries, if you're in Matthews, you won't receive an alert about rising waters in Davidson. I have alerts set up for my home, and both of my jobs. You can register multiple locations, so if you work a fair distance from your home, you can receive alerts for both locations. And for those of you out there who are reading this and commute into the county every day, while you won't be able to receive alerts for your home outside of Mecklenburg County, please take a moment and consider registering your workplace. I don't know about you, but I personally spend much more time at work than I do in my home.

Click here to learn more about and register for CharMeck Alerts!

And, because I believe we all know how I feel about a fun and catchy song to go with the theme, here is some Beyonce to make your day that much better. It's beautiful outside, and if you're anything like me, a day like today with some Beyonce in my ears is pretty difficult to beat.


Enjoy this beautiful day, Charlotte, and stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment